800Open
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can replace Verizon Call Assistant?

Go down

What can replace Verizon Call Assistant? Empty What can replace Verizon Call Assistant?

Post by NYC-HDL Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:35 pm

I ported this post from 800Notes:

My landline receives about 15 calls a month that are dialing that number directly (not roll-overs from Google Voice), and I would like to get eMail (or Text) notices of these calls. Verizon Call Assistant currently does this (and many other things), but they have announced their intent to kill this service in 1Q2014.

I do not have a replacement process in place, and I was thinking that maybe an IFTTT recipe could be used to capture the CID & Date-Time info from these incoming calls, and send it out as an eMail message (the messaging would not use the modem, just the current internet connection).

There shouldn't be any conflict with timing, even if I am in my eMail account, and this would be a 'shadow process' that would use IFTTT or PHP, or some other parallel process that would be triggered by the incoming call. It doesn't even have to use PTF, I was just inquiring if anyone had done anything like this... As long as the modem sees the call, I would want the process triggered, regardless if PTF Zapped the call or not.

For what it is worth, this provides notifications to me of any call that hits the Landline; I can deduce that any calls that did not also roll-over to my mobile or other numbers, are calls made solely to the landline, and not via GV. This is information I would not otherwise have if I am traveling. I can then return any legitimate calls, and inform select callers of the GV number for the future.

Last edited by NYC-HDL on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Font attributes)

NYC-HDL

Back to top Go down