800Open
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SATISFACTION!

2 posters

Go down

SATISFACTION! Empty SATISFACTION!

Post by NYC-HDL Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:02 pm

I just received a call from Area Code 703, and let it ring until it gave up. When I looked up the number on 800Notes, it has 12 pages of negative comments (mostly identified the number as from a Political Lobbying organization). I Right-Clicked the number in PTF, and selected 'Add to Privacy Manager & Zap'.

Less than 11 minutes later the number called again, and was ZAPped...

What a SATISFYING feeling! !! ;-D

Still, with Verizon Call Assistant, it would have been blocked at their Central Office, and I wouldn't have even had to suffer through the first ring.

NYC-HDL

Back to top Go down

SATISFACTION! Empty Re: SATISFACTION!

Post by Tamianth Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Here's my little trick to getting rid of the political calls. I contacted the party's, had them put me on their internal DNC.  I also signed up for the political DNC list to which I will post the link for.   It has worked pretty darn good. Since I signed up for it, I've gotten one call during the last election from ol Newty boy.  I went to his web pages and the contact us. They where blowing the phone up daily. I told them to stop calling by day two and sent them the PDNC link and told them to use it!

Doing this should help and keep some call blocking spaces free for folks.  Most, if not all, usually have web pages with contact us.  So its pretty easy to get off the political call lists..

http://stoppoliticalcalls.org/index.php
Tamianth
Tamianth

SATISFACTION! Stars13

Back to top Go down

Post by NYC-HDL Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:22 pm

Tamianth wrote:I also signed up for the political DNC list to which I will post the link for.   It has worked pretty darn good...

I went to the link you posted, and evidently, I was already registered. I reviewed my profile info there, and it seems I registered a few years ago. In spite of that, I have been receiving political calls, especially during campaign months -- If the PDNC List works, I shudder to think what I would have been receiving had I not been previously registered.

At any rate, PTF should block that gap going forward.

NYC-HDL

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamianth Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:22 am

Its worked pretty good for me. If you know who the candidate is, then go to their web page, contact us and tell them off over it. Include the link and tell them to use it.  I was pretty blunt and demanded them to remove my phone number.  The yo-yo's used to blow my phone up pretty bad.
Tamianth
Tamianth

SATISFACTION! Stars13

Back to top Go down

SATISFACTION! Empty Fringe Benefits of PhoneTray

Post by NYC-HDL Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:29 pm

There seems to be some side-benefits of PhoneTray in that the "tone messages" used to Zap calls keep your number from being included when the calling organizations sell their call lists to other (unscrupulous) companies...

Other than political calls, I am getting significantly fewer "new" unwanted callers.

NYC-HDL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum