800Open
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early AM phone calls

2 posters

Go down

Early AM phone calls Empty Early AM phone calls

Post by sherriem Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:45 pm

The first 2 calls came at 3:15 and about 3:45 AM and the one this AM at 4:57.  No ID shown on either phone and afraid to block because elderly mother shows as Private Caller or Blocked Caller depending on which phone I check and if some sort of emergency arises I want her to be able to reach me.  We have an agreement that she will leave a very brief message so I know it's her calling and I call right back, but sometimes I stupidly answer without looking, especially in the middle of the night or very early AM. confused
sherriem
sherriem

Back to top Go down

Early AM phone calls Empty Re: Early AM phone calls

Post by Slim Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:59 pm

sherriem wrote:afraid to block because elderly mother shows as Private Caller or Blocked Caller depending on which phone I check ...  I want her to be able to reach me.  We have an agreement that she will leave a very brief message so I know it's her calling

Saw your post on 800notes, and had a possible answer for you ... but your description here (your mom's calls display the same message as does the spammer's) invalidates what I was going to suggest.

However, if you have a phone answering device, you might use it ... if the spammer leaves NO message, but your mom does leave a message, that would be a helpful tool.   Set the volume rather high on the answering device, so it might awaken you if necessary.

Unfortunately, if the spammer leaves a message ... my second suggestion will also be invalidated.
Slim
Slim

http://phonehelp.2truth.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sherriem Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:22 pm

Thanks for the hints.  Voicemail clicks over after several rings but so far the only message has been essentially dead air so I know it isn't her.  Still it's disturbing at 3 AM and 4:45 AM.
sherriem
sherriem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down