800Open
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An increase in "Anonymous" calls. Political calls?

2 posters

Go down

An increase in "Anonymous" calls.  Political calls? Empty An increase in "Anonymous" calls. Political calls?

Post by Slim Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Just looked at my PhoneTray log.  Noticed a significant increase in the number of "Anonymous" callers over the past couple of weeks.  I suspect some of the political volunteers are hitting "*67" before dialing.

I read some info on attempting to block political calls by registering at http://stoppoliticalcalls.org 
That organization notifies various political entities / support staff to give them the numbers of people who do not wish to be called.

Unfortunately, there are some problems with that:

1.  If the blocker's political party affiliation is known, the other party may get the list, and call those numbers, pretending they are the blocked party, potentially causing the called person not to vote for the supposed caller.

2.  As I remember, only 8 political teams responded positively to the request not to call people on the list.  (Sorry, I cannot find the site on which I found that citation)

Have you too noticed an increase in "Anonymous" calls?
Do you think it is because of the approaching Primaries, or are the telemarketers merely using "Anonymous" as a disguise?
Slim
Slim

http://phonehelp.2truth.com

Back to top Go down

An increase in "Anonymous" calls.  Political calls? Empty Re: An increase in "Anonymous" calls. Political calls?

Post by Tamianth Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:36 am

I am signed with the list and in all the years I have been with it, I have gotten one call on the last go from ol Newt who tried to blow my phone up. Day 2 he got a direct email from me from the contact us page, I was straight out blunt and demanded them to stop calling and gave them the link to the PDNC and told them to use the dang list.. 

Originally I contacted all the party's, and told them DNC..  - so far its worked.  coffee 

I can see how this would work with what you posted though.  I have heard some pretty nasty calls when they where blowing my phone up. Fastest way to lose our votes, blow the phone up!  therules 

However, all the junk they send ala snail mail is almost as annoying.. but it does make great fire starter paper! It gets file 13'nd real fast, especially in winter!  An increase in "Anonymous" calls.  Political calls? N040
Tamianth
Tamianth

An increase in "Anonymous" calls.  Political calls? Stars13

Back to top Go down

An increase in "Anonymous" calls.  Political calls? Empty Re: An increase in "Anonymous" calls. Political calls?

Post by Slim Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:37 pm

Tamianth wrote:However, all the junk they send ala snail mail is almost as annoying.. but it does make great fire starter paper! 
 Smile 

Yea, those flyers are on excellent quality paper.  Hopefully the smoke from the ink is not carcinogenic  Mad 

(Some time ago, I had a similar quality flyer (glossy photos & print, but a bit larger size) made for the company for which I worked ... the cost was astoundingly high per piece! Almost could have bought lunch for each client to whom it was sent!)
Slim
Slim

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamianth Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:45 pm

Don't you just feel like sending the candidates a bill for the garbage though?  I've been tempted to. I got into it with a insurance company once. My son was fighting fire and broke his ankle so was covered by on the job insurance. A year down the road, here came a bill and we are like, what the heck? Contacted the insurance and they had me send it to them and I wrote a letter to the hospital, if I have to do your paperwork for you, next time I'm billing you for it.. but gave them the info a second time.  Dang if they didn't do it again another year down the road.  I sent them a bill after forwarding it to the gal at the insurance company. Of course, I never got paid, but I never saw another bill from them either.
Tamianth
Tamianth

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:02 pm

Looks familiar!

I asked our mail delivery person about all the garbage mail we receive.  Suggested it might be adding to her workload.  She replied that it helped pay her salary!  (She is under contract, rather than a direct USPS employee, and would probably lose her job if the mail volume decreased).

Re: Insurance.
Wife had something similar ... received a bill from the hospital, after surgery.  Also received a copy of the same bill from our insurance, with a note denying the charge!  Apparently the procedure for which we were billed was already included in another, numbered procedure claim that was already approved and paid.

As in your case, we never received a re-billing from the hospital.  I guess the mandated billing procedure (and all the numbers) confused whomever did the paperwork then.

Ah, the wonders of modern technology ... even more ways for human error to creep in!  Silly little decimal points!  Rolling Eyes
Slim
Slim

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamianth Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:30 pm

I have a system for junk mail, file 13..  thats the wood stove here. Saves on the garbage bill! Smile  

Actually have pretty good luck with getting rid of the calls too! I'm down to anyplace between 1-4 calls a month here..
Tamianth
Tamianth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down